“Medicine is the study of disease and what causes man to die. Chiropractic is the study of health and what causes man to live.” -B.J. Palmer
In a 2-year study, those under chiropractic care were found to have 60% fewer hospital admissions, 62% fewer outpatient surgeries, and 85% fewer pharmaceutical costs (1).
Pregnant women under chiropractic care experienced 50% reduced need for pain medication during labor, 25% shorter labors for first time moms, 31% for seasoned moms (2).
Increased immune defense cell counts in study of HIV/AIDS patients following adjustments (3).
In a study of 200 children under chiropractic care and 200 children under standard medical care, chiropractic kids experienced fewer ear infections, allergies, cases of tonsillitis and asthma (4).
Chiropractic added to standard 30-Day drug rehab program along with auriculotherapy and supplementation nearly doubles success rates and patient retention (5).
Chiropractic adjustments found to have same effect as two blood pressure lowering medications in a study of 50 hypertensive patients (6).
- Sarnat, R.L., J. Winterstein, and J.A. Cambron. 2007. Clinical Utilization and Cost Outcomes from an Integrative Medicine Independent Physician Association: An Additional 3-Year Update. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 30(4):263-269
- Borggren, Cara L. “Pregnancy and chiropractic: a narrative review of the literature.” Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 6(2) 70–74. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcme.2007.04.004
- Hightower, B.C., Pfleger, B., & Selano, J. 1994. “The Effects of Specific Upper Cervical Adjustments On CD4 Counts of HIV Positive Patients.” Chiropractic Research Journal 3(1):32-39.
- Van Breda, W., & Van Breda, J.A. 1989. “A Comparative Study of the Health Status of Children Raised Under the Health Care Models of Chiropractic and Allopathic Medicine.”
- Braverman, E.R., & Smith, D.E. (2001). “A Medical Model for ‘Reward Deficiency Syndrome’: Clinical Significance of Genetic Dopamine Deficiencies.” Molecular Psychiatry 6 (Suppl 1). S6-S8. https://www.torquerelease.com/pdf/58.pdf
- Bakris, G., Dickholtz, M. 2007. “Atlas Vertebra Realignment and Achievement of Arterial Pressure Goal In Hypertensive Patients.” Journal of Human Hypertension, 21(5):347-52.